Painting aquarium stands

Scott Muncy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of paint is the best to put on an aquarium stand. Also the best to be able to be able to wipe down and keep clean. I will be painting a canopy as well
 
I've had success with really anything semi glossy-glossy. Ask the people at the store whats best for a bathroom setting and theyu will lead you to the right place . And if you are nervous do a layer of clear coat after the paint! That should protect the wood and look real nice.
 
What type of paint is the best to put on an aquarium stand. Also the best to be able to be able to wipe down and keep clean. I will be painting a canopy as well

I typically use oil-based paints. Polyurethane, epoxies, and any non water-based coatings should work fine. Also not a bad idea to calk the seams and joints. Good luck!
 
I am probably doing it “wrong”, but I have always used spray enamel lol.

(After sealing with poly and sanding).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new