painting back?

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the best paint to roll on for the back glass i picked up some rust-o-leum gloss blask high performance protective enamel oil- based would this be best ?

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garth:

I've used Glossy Black oil base paint many times and never had a problem.

I'd recommend using alcohol to clean it really good first to make sure there are no oils, dirt, etc that would prohibit the paint from sticking.

After a couple coats i'd stick a light in the tank to make the little spots you missed stand out.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wanted to know i got the right paint i want this 125 to look amazing. and i got my dues in and i have a nice 7-8 polyp frag for you pm if interested it will be a good deal for you for sue:)

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you are refering to the micro, its a cool coral, but i'll have to pass as i'm sure there are others that would love it.

I'm pretty much all SPS, Zoa, Pallys..... with the rare exception for some blasto welsi and Scolly's, but thanks so much for the offer.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea an to answer your question I used the same paint you mentioned.

Thing is my background is Purple now :)..... Everybody wants coraline.... I hate the stuff I'm tired of cleaning my glass every day.

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol just ignore the pm then lol but ask around and im about to clean one more time and put on the first coat. and i could go either way on the coriline ive never had it go crazy lol but i hate cleaning the glass anyway but makes everything look great

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out my shallow lps build thread. I just painted mine with krylon fusion and it looks awesome. And the back is so smooth to the touch.

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got coat one on and man it already looks great cant wait just gota find something to do i hate staring at an empty tank

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coat 2 is on im letting each coat get just about dry just were its barly sticky to the finger and then reaplly i looked with a light the first coat alot of sports the second coat looked 10 times beter almost no spots at all only a few hear and there and thats were im starting on the next coat lol

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • NO

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back