150 gallon glasscages

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered a replacement tank for my current 150 gallon. I ordered it from glasscages. My question is what do you guys use to paint the black back ground I've always used black rustoleum oil based is this the best option?



Screenshot_20260830_211502_Drive.jpg
 
I feel like the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the price they charge and I feel like vinyls eventually going to peel
 
I've painted many, many tanks, and yes, the Rustolium is a good choice. Pretty much anything works, including spray paints.

BUT!!!

Recently I started using vinyl wrap, and I will NEVER paint another tank. The vinyl is quick, easy, clean, looks great, there's no dry time, no drips or drop cloths, and it's easily removable if you ever want to, returning the tank to brand-new condition.

This video may help:


Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new