Pair a new young clownfish with a really old one

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
14,385
Reaction score
11,382
Location
Olympia, WA.
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a 28+ year old male GSM clown (today) in my tank that was paired to an equally old female.
Lost the female and I was wondering what the chances of adding a new younger smaller clown and the one I have accepting the new fish?
I've always wanted a lightening maroon and having been thinking this might be the time?
I've seen reference to gold lightening maroons too.
 
Sorry for the loss. You must be a great caregiver to keep a fish that long.
Following to see what the consensus is. I've paired a new male when my 6 yo female maroon lost her mate but not sure in your situation losing the female how easy it will be.
 
Yeah, it's been a really long time since I tried anything with clowns.
These 2 have just always been there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new