Pair of nice looking acro colonies!

Battlecorals

Vivat imitator!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
8,832
Reaction score
20,926
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got two more colonies ready for sale.

These have both been through my rigorous QT regimen and have been growing in a stable tank now for about three weeks.

Both are looking great and have lot's of potential.
I was experimenting with different backgrounds. Clearly black and live rock in these guys cases.


250 shipped each or take both for 450 shipped.

colony1.jpg




This guy's got nice blue polyps you can barely seein the pic. And the purple tips are getting more prounounced as well. Tempted to hang on to this one. Looking nicer by the day.

bluegreen1.jpg
 
Last edited:
So I was messing around a little and got a few different shots of these two.

You can get a little better idea of the sizes at least and see those blue polyps I was talking about.

For those of you looking to nab a colony rather than frags these aren't to shabby looking.

bluegreena.jpg


purplemacro.jpg


2colonies.jpg
 
Very nice Adam! I wish I had the room for these in my tank, time for a bigger tank..:angel:
 
Very nice Adam! I wish I had the room for these in my tank, time for a bigger tank..:angel:

Thanks a lot man! I am growing out a frag of the green guy so you know. Maybe a frag sometime down the road?

I like the one on the left in the last picture. Do you know the scientific name of it?

Can't say that I do. I confess I am not as savoy at id'ing acros using online pics as I'd like to be. If anyone wants to chime in please feel free.
 
By request I am going to split the larger green guy up. The colony it'self is about 5 inches in all directions. I will be splitting in into halfs or thirds maybe. If anyone else is interested in a smaller chunck of the green guy just let me know.
 
Very nice! The green/teal one is an Acropora longicyathus, most people just call them Turaki's as they are very similar. That is a nice piece, and end up with a nice seafoam green/teal body with tips that will get a nice shade of baby blue. You don't see too many of those coming in these days. HOT piece!

The second one is very similar to Acropora gemmifera, but the corralite structure is slightly varied.

Either way, very nice pieces! :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new