Pair of Snowflake clowns

  • Thread starter Thread starter fernalfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2016
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
342
Location
Southington Ct.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i have a pair of Snowflake Ocellaris clowns going into my 120 gallon aquarium. I made the mistake of not getting an anemone first so it kind find its final resting place before getting other corals. I now have over 25 corals in the tank.

Question is will my pair of snowflakes do just fine without an anemone or should i consider buying one and just roll the dice with it swimming around killing all my existing corals?
 
Ok i have a pair of Snowflake Ocellaris clowns going into my 120 gallon aquarium. I made the mistake of not getting an anemone first so it kind find its final resting place before getting other corals. I now have over 25 corals in the tank.

Question is will my pair of snowflakes do just fine without an anemone or should i consider buying one and just roll the dice with it swimming around killing all my existing corals?
Clowns do fine without an anemone
 
Yup, clowns do not require an anemone to host them. They will be fine. I have 6 different species of clowns in my 90G cube and only 3 are hosted by my carpet nem, and none touch my RBTA. :)
 
Yup, clowns do not require an anemone to host them. They will be fine. I have 6 different species of clowns in my 90G cube and only 3 are hosted by my carpet nem, and none touch my RBTA. :)
That's really cool! I didn't think you could have more then two clowns at a time. What species of clowns do you have? Do you have any other fish in the 90g?
 
Although possible to have more than one species, it is strongly cautioned against. I have Ocellaris, Spotcinctus, Naked, Clarki, Percula, Platinum. All get along well... So far. Also have a Lawnmower Blenny, Key hole Angel, & Melanurus Wrasse. Keep in mind all the fish wrre added within a month's time.
 
Although possible to have more than one species, it is strongly cautioned against. I have Ocellaris, Spotcinctus, Naked, Clarki, Percula, Platinum. All get along well... So far. Also have a Lawnmower Blenny, Key hole Angel, & Melanurus Wrasse. Keep in mind all the fish wrre added within a month's time.
Very Nice! Thanks!
 
I just added a BTA to one of my tanks yesterday with a pair of Onyx clowns and even though the BTA is roaming a bit. The female clown has already settled in nicely to the BTA. As for all my other tanks with clown pairs and BTA's my clowns have no interest in the nems. Either can live just fine with or without the other.
 
well my clowns are in my tank and are just having a blast going to one end of tank getting taken by the powerhead to the other side of tank and then they swim back and do it all over again. Maybe they don't need one lol
 
I have a pair of juvenile Wyoming Whites in my 135 G, with about 30 RBTA's, was thinking of adding a Spotcinctus (maybe pair) to the tank,...what say my fellow enthusiast?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new