Pairing gold stripe maroons

  • Thread starter Thread starter imajeckel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

imajeckel

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any suggestions on pairing some gold stripe maroons. I’m having a hard time them already paired. I have a 60 gal reef that was just set up. Planning on wait a couple weeks longer just to keep things stable. Also should I add them first or later on after a few fish are already added
 
I have always had good luck pairing gold stripes. I just purchased a large/medium one and a small male and never had issues with getting them to pair and get along
 
I have always had good luck pairing gold stripes. I just purchased a large/medium one and a small male and never had issues with getting them to pair and get along
Would you add them as your first fish or wait until you have a few in?
 
Maroons can be a bit aggressive, if you want to add more docile fish I would add them first
 
I wait for the female to be fully mature and extra large. Then the male I seperate with egg crate in a corner. If the male is ready he will submit and will run out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new