Pairing my Royal Gramma

SGFishFanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Messages
32
Reaction score
59
Location
Singapore
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a Royal Gramma for about a year plus now. He is about an inch 1/2 long.
Ive decided to buy another small RG to attempt to pair them and eventually breed them :)

The new RG was quarantined with 2 rounds of prazi and fed a boat load of food in qt (2 weeks) bfr it went into the dt.

new RG was kept in a iso box for a day to observe any aggression.
The existing RG had no issues with the new addition at all, calmly swimming next to the ISO box.

the next day I intro the small RG, the big Rg and small RG did a interesting circling dance, bfr swimming calmly next to each other.
24 hours later, the RG are now feeding close to each other, ( occupying diff ends of my tank).
I don't think they are paired yet, but fingers cross, they coexist peacefu
 
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-02 at 09.22.02 (1).jpeg

small RG just added

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-02 at 09.22.01.jpeg

small RG in iso box, existing RG ( which I believe is a male) , his colours are much more dull due to scarring from a previous ich outbreak. despite the duller appearance, he still has alot of personality ;)


pic below is them swimming tgt
WhatsApp Image 2024-07-02 at 09.22.02.jpeg
 
Fun.

I added one to my existing a couple years ago. They swam together all the time for a few months. Then the new smaller one came out less and less and now it's very rare that I see him.
I know she is alive. I do see her time to time. The old guy is out ALL the time.
Last sighting together, May 27th

20240527_150257.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new