Pairing one Radion Blue with a Radion Pro

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a peninsula tank with 2 AI primes on the sides where I have softies/LPS and a single Radion XR15 Blue in the middle where I have my SPS. I have the opportunity to pick up a Radion XR15 Pro for a decent deal which I would put right next o the XR15 Blue in the middle. Would there be a noticeable difference in the colors coming from the lights or would I be able to fine tune their schedules to look the same? I want it to look uniform.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There will be differences. A fellow reefer did something similar close to me. It was a negligible difference once they were both tweaked a tad. The closer they are to one another the better the blend.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use these, so take this with a grain of salt, but one of our locals was complaining that he could not get them to match and that he was mad that EcoTech expected him to replace 8 panels when he just wanted to add 2 more. Most of the evidence suggests that if you want uniform, then you probably should sell what you have and get matching lights.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a peninsula tank with 2 AI primes on the sides where I have softies/LPS and a single Radion XR15 Blue in the middle where I have my SPS. I have the opportunity to pick up a Radion XR15 Pro for a decent deal which I would put right next o the XR15 Blue in the middle. Would there be a noticeable difference in the colors coming from the lights or would I be able to fine tune their schedules to look the same? I want it to look uniform.
I would say it is possible to get the lights exactly the same. Since you said XR15 Blue, I would have to guess that it is a G5. If the Radion Pro is also a G5 then you will have to worry about Par drop to match the colors. The XR15 G5 Blue was built to promote Par with the AB+ spectrum, while the Pro was not.

If they are both G5's, then you will also be running mobius, which means you would need to run 2 separate light schemes to match them.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe because it will only be 2 lights but I have 8-4 Blues and 4 Pros and it looks great and can’t see any difference.

OP
OP
dbleoh7

dbleoh7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe because it will only be 2 lights but I have 8-4 Blues and 4 Pros and it looks great and can’t see any difference.
When you look at the blue and pro lights they don't look any different in color side by side?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Individually, sure. The blues are more blue. That’s why I mixed them. The blues were too blue for my liking even though you can tweak them, but I liked the ability to run them at high intensity for the corals but get a whiter look with the Pros. I alternate them across the tank. Have them about 10” above so the colors blend and the result is a completely uniform look.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back