Pajama Cardinal Lifespan?

Mark Goode

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
915
Reaction score
1,631
Location
Market Harborough, England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the group's actual experience with the lifespan of these fish? Internet searches return results of 2, 5, 10, or 12 years.

I bought a couple of these over 3 years ago as my first fish, and I'm sick of them. They've barely moved in all that time; all they've done is grown and changed colour to drab shades of brown.

They're inoffensive little fish, so I've no intention of doing anything to hasten their demise; I just wish they'd hurry up, because I want the space for something a bit more interesting. Does that make me a bad man?
 
We used to call Pajama Cardinals "Baloon fish". Back when I worked in the stores, because they didnt move and looked like something you might get with a string tied to them.
They can be quite long lived. Take pride in the fact you are doing things well enough to keep an animal in your captive environment for the long term. Enjoy them for what they are.... Baloon fish....
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new