Paly closed up!

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My big green guys in the back (not even sure what they are called) looked like this a few weeks ago but they have closed up and look bad now. Its the only coral in the tank that is doing bad. Any idea what could be causing so much grief with this guy?
Params havent changed at all. Just did a water change to help out the other day but its still closed up.

123.jpg

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I believe it was :
1.025 salinity
81 temp
7.2dkh
7.9PH
Nitrate 0
Phos .9

Ill check tonight and report back. I did a 22% change on Saturday. Ill also get pics on what it looks like now.
Any idea what this Paly is called? Previous owners of the tank just told me its very toxic and dont let anything near it. The other smaller Zoas in the tank are open and doing just fine at the moment.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're palythoa grandis, and they contain palytoxin. I'm not positive that your nitrates are your issue but keeping them at 0 isn't ideal, also your phosphates are really high

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if thats because I turned off my skimmer a few weeks ago. Im battling GHA and they said that I should turn it off. I only feed either pellets or shrimp once a day. I have a filter sock and filter floss on this AIO tank.

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Params as of 5PM.

Temp-80.3F
Salinity-1.024
PH-8.0
dkH-7.3
Nitrate HR-0.0
Phos ULR-.12

Im taking my filter sock out and cranking the skimmer again. Its about the only thing that I changed after I started my battle with GHA.
Ill post test results maybe friday to see if there is a difference with the skimmer after a few days

OP
OP
Floyd-

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok The only thing I did was bump the alk to mid 8's and it opened right up and its been fine for the past few days.
Everyone told me that 7.2 alk was fine but come to find out with some reading that these buggers like 8+ alk.

Back