Zoa/Paly ID and advice.

zxjoshxz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2022
Messages
23
Reaction score
10
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I just recently got an Acan frag and noticed, what appears to be, a paly or zoa on it. Normally I would be happy to get a free bonus coral, but I have pretty bad anxiety and I don't want the fear of palytoxin to get in the way of my enjoyment with my reef. When I handled it initially, I did not know there was this on the frag. Should I be worried about exposure at all? I doubt I messed with it, considering it opened in a few minutes after adding it.

1786488351391.png
1786488337680.png
1786488365551.png
 
Relax.

Your fine.

As long as you don’t eat it, cook it, or squeeze it, it won’t both you.

Either leave it or if it freaks you out, cover it with gorilla glue gel.

I had 300-400 of them which I scraped off by hand a few days ago, but, with rubber gloves, a mask, and goggles.

In water, it is safe.

Just respect it and it will respect you.
 
Last edited:
Relax.

Your fine.

As long as you don’t eat it, cook it, or squeeze it, it won’t both you.

Either leave it or if it freaks you out, cover it with gorilla glue gel.

I had 300-400 of them which I scraped off by hand a few days ago, but, with rubber gloves, a mask, and goggles.

In water, it is safe.

Just respect it and it will respect you.
Appreciate it, I think I will probably glue over it. I dont particularly like them and its attached to my acan and don't really want it there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new