Paly help

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have this paly and it was doing great when I first added it a month ago and now has been closed for about 2 weeks. I have a bunch of other zoas that are open but also have one other zoa frag thats been closed up. Paremeters below. Not sure what to do. Thank you also its on the sand because it fell off but I plan to move it back on the rock just wasnt sure if the coral has a disease/needs another dip? My tank is on last day of fallow so temp is 81 thats the only thing I can think maybe?
20240405_134931.jpg

No3 23.4
Mg 1320
Kh 8.7
Ca 370
Sg 1.026
Ph 8
Phos 0.28

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well your parameters seem solid except slightly high phosphates but that shouldn’t really have an effect on zoas/palys closing. I’ve had zoas close up randomly for a month then reopen like nothing ever happened… Could have closed up because it fell off but that’s my only guess.

OP
OP
A

alicia24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well your parameters seems solid except slightly high phosphates but that shouldn’t really have an effect on zoas/palys closing. I’ve had zoas close up randomly for a month then reopen like nothing ever happened…
Phosphates are a real struggle for me. I use phosguard and added a skimmer hoping that would help.
Ohh that is good to know!! Ok maybe I just leave them alone. Thank you!

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates are a real struggle for me. I use phosguard and added a skimmer hoping that would help.
Ohh that is good to know!! Ok maybe I just leave them alone. Thank you!
I can relate to the phosphates.. I am usually running phosguard as well in my filter sock… do you feed pellets?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back