Palythoa acting weird!

My120gmixed

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two large colonies of palys along with other developing clusters. Yesterday I fed them all a sizable portion of meaty food. I know palys don’t need food but I like to feed coral every once in a while to promote growth. Today, I noticed one of the palys in my largest colony wasn’t fully open... is this a bad sign? Will palys in larger colonies occasionally close? Right now my lights are on blue so all of the palys are going in for the night. Can someone explain how Palythoa and Zoanthids normally behave?
 
water change and go from there,,usually when my palythoas act up,,I do a water change and most times they open,,if that dont work in a couple of days then increase flow alot more,,,Alk swing ??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new