Palythoa Collectors Unite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RandyO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, what about the lots of inquiries about a colony/flash shot?

Would love to see one of those...

Miguel, is that you? We will have the photographer work on a colony shot.

RandyO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure is, it's been a while man :)

How's it going? Did you end up selling Fraggle Reef? How's life been away from the East Coast all these years?

The guys fragged up the mother colony to accommodate all the sales. They will work on getting a colony shot once it opens back up.

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, ended up selling the shop and now I work on the wholesale/importing side, whole different world there. Nothing like seeing 30 strawberry shortcake colonies in a week and wondering why people are getting conned into paying anything more than $10 a frag lol. I miss the east coast sometimes but socal is awesome, you guys got wrecked by snow while we were on the beach out here :D

Last edited:

organism

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the feedback; the Tiger Lillies were submitted to Jeremy at CoralPedia, I will follow up with a post when they are added.

Didn't you have to include a flash picture of the colony with your submission to Jeremy? I know that used to be the case, not sure how it's done now since it's been a bit since I submitted anything...

Tenacious716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a flash shot as requested. We submitted them to CoralPedia and we're just waiting to hear back. Still some available; PM if interested.

TigerLilliesFlash.jpg

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They range from 1/2" to 3/4". The larger polyps are almost twice the size of our Jason Fox Bloodshot palys.

Hey Randy,

Are the above mentioned size(s) the actual size of the individual Paly? Didn't make it to your store until late Sunday nite ... the sudden "blizzard" while @ Williamsville Walmart "stop over" ... LOL!!

Thx,
Paul

RandyO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy,

Are the above mentioned size(s) the actual size of the individual Paly? Didn't make it to your store until late Sunday nite ... the sudden "blizzard" while @ Williamsville Walmart "stop over" ... LOL!!

Thx,
Paul

Hey Paul,
Yes, those are the sizes of the individual polyps. I used my plastic ruler from an old dissecting kit from collage. Put it right over an open polyp in the water without touching it to try to get an accurate measurement.

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you have to include a flash picture of the colony with your submission to Jeremy? I know that used to be the case, not sure how it's done now since it's been a bit since I submitted anything...

I have a few of those polyps you submitted back in the day. The Pink Elephants are still a favorite around here. I got the Joker's and X-men from you back then too. You were the first person I saw to bring in those Maxi Carpets. I got one from you like 6 years ago and paid 75.00 for a white one. :) Now they are a dime a dozen for Rainbows. You defiantly pioneered the high end coral keeping industry.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please keep wholesale pricing and discussion between vendors and in the vendors forum only. Thanks. ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back