Panty Hose on Icecap 1k?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SteelRain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SteelRain

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 NUVO that I just recently put an anemone in. The first night he got sucked up into the gyre and lost a tentacle ( The included mesh guards saved the rest of him!). To prevent this from happening again, I have since ziptied some panty hose over either end. I normally only run 30% of the PH capability and with the pantyhose I am up to 50%. Will this put too much strain on the PH?
 
I've heard of Paul b Putting Nylons in his tank but not long term (mandarin feeder)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new