Par map and coral placement help

Gichigami.reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2024
Messages
123
Reaction score
42
Location
slater
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently rented a par meter and adjusted my light to where I got the par levels and spread I was hoping to achieve so I can run a sps/ Acropora dominated tank along with the corals I plan to stock. My question is does everything look good to more experienced hobbyists and does it look like it will be too bunched up ? All frags will be atleast 6 inches apart or more. Any input or suggestions would be much appreciated maybe you see something I don’t or know something I don’t. What would you do differently if it was your set up? innovative marine nuvo 40 par was checked with apogee mq-510 par meter from brs running a ai prime 16hd and single blade grow combo
IMG_2399.jpeg
 
That looks great. You will of course have to remain flexible though. Some corals will definitely tell you after a bit where they are happiest (color/growth). I do like sticking to a plan when it comes to coral placement for contrast, considering the color wheel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new