PAR meter impressed me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got done with measuring my setup with my newly lit tank with a V2+ 32 and 48. My tank is 7' long occupied so I went with this way. Initial impressions were the lights do not match exactly. Close enough but at first it was annoying (most noticeable on daylight profiles). Especially with how the remotes are the exact same and at least I could not find a way to operate them separate. Anyhow my love is SPS, yes I had watched the BRS reviews etc, but was blown away at how well these preform on my 30 inch deep tank.
I tested at 100% and 75% of full daylight all channels the same and then 100% and 75% with an AB profile running 24% on non-blue channels and 100% blue. Even at the sand bed I was seeing 130~200 off axis, straight down still 300. My lights are about 12 inches off the water.
I was blown away and so happy with my purchase. I think the coming App module will let me adjust them independent, I know a 3rd party controller does(also doesn't need the web just local network). The 32 measured a little more punch and the 48 a bit more even spread.

My fear of the app control is if my internet goes down the lights will not ramp up and down correctly to the program, can anyone confirm this or does it cache the program in the actual fixture if internet is lost?

Thanks, great product, great price point.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got done with measuring my setup with my newly lit tank with a V2+ 32 and 48. My tank is 7' long occupied so I went with this way. Initial impressions were the lights do not match exactly. Close enough but at first it was annoying (most noticeable on daylight profiles). Especially with how the remotes are the exact same and at least I could not find a way to operate them separate. Anyhow my love is SPS, yes I had watched the BRS reviews etc, but was blown away at how well these preform on my 30 inch deep tank.
I tested at 100% and 75% of full daylight all channels the same and then 100% and 75% with an AB profile running 24% on non-blue channels and 100% blue. Even at the sand bed I was seeing 130~200 off axis, straight down still 300. My lights are about 12 inches off the water.
I was blown away and so happy with my purchase. I think the coming App module will let me adjust them independent, I know a 3rd party controller does(also doesn't need the web just local network). The 32 measured a little more punch and the 48 a bit more even spread.

My fear of the app control is if my internet goes down the lights will not ramp up and down correctly to the program, can anyone confirm this or does it cache the program in the actual fixture if internet is lost?

Thanks, great product, great price point.
Thank you! They are really powerful lights. The Photon 32 is the densest LED matrix we have, so it's the most wattage per square inches, and the 16s/32s do have slightly different LED ratios just due to the number of LEDs (the 48 has more LEDs be matrix, as do the 24s) With the app, you can run the 2 lights on their own program. The Reef Nexus kits should be available soon through our retailers-likely before we have them. We'll have them in stock in a few weeks as well, give or take (first batch sold out and waiting on parts to complete more kits).

if your wifi cuts out there is nothing to worry about- the lights have the program saved internally and a real-time clock + capacitor that will save the current time if the power goes out.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@speedstar thanks for sharing this. How deep is your tank? I’m running the 48 using AB+ but my max channels are 50%. I’m taking my time ramping them up and haven’t rented a par meter yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

OP
OP
speedstar

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@speedstar thanks for sharing this. How deep is your tank? I’m running the 48 using AB+ but my max channels are 50%. I’m taking my time ramping them up and haven’t rented a par meter yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated
30 inch deep tank lights 12 inches off water

Back