Par Meter in Central NY?

Cire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a reefer located in Ithaca NY. I'm looking for anyone that might live nearby and have a Par Meter that I could borrow, or trade something for the right to use? Just want to get a benchmark on my reef (Reefer 350 with AP700). Haven't met a lot of reefers in this area...would love to see who's out there.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a reefer located in Ithaca NY. I'm looking for anyone that might live nearby and have a Par Meter that I could borrow, or trade something for the right to use? Just want to get a benchmark on my reef (Reefer 350 with AP700). Haven't met a lot of reefers in this area...would love to see who's out there.
Unfortunately I don't live near you, however, if you are unable to get ahold of a par meter, BRS did a video on the AP700 with some par numbers that may help you.

Jayp5117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I've been looking for one as well, abc reefs 2 claimed to have one but it's been MIA Every time I've asked.

OP
OP
Cire

Cire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your replies. Crabs - I used to live in Wisconsin. My favorite state...next to NY. I've seen the AP700 video. I was surprised at the overall power actually. There's a discrepancy between what people are saying in terms of intensity level and what's really available on the fixture. When people list 100% intensity I suppose they mean 70% (because the fixture only goes up to 70%). I do trust BRS readings but I'd like to test the dynamics in my own reef (shading, etc). Jayp5117 - I'll check out ABC Reefs 2. A little bit of a drive for me.

OP
OP
Cire

Cire

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I've been looking for one as well, abc reefs 2 claimed to have one but it's been MIA Every time I've asked.
Hey Jayp - I rented one the other day from Adam at The Salty Dog in Canadaigua. $20 for 48 hours. Worked excellent. Just an FYI.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back