Par meters

jwesley5480

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
9
Location
Carson City
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a par meter to measure my lights. I put the sensor into my tank and my meter shows zero. In my tank I have the Fluval marine 3 but I am planning to replace them with two ai prime 16 hds. When I put the sensor under the prime lights the meter reads 8 and about 12 in. Only when I have the meter really close to the light does it read higher than 200. What am I doing wrong with this meter?
 
The censor has to point straight up, and what Sam said! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new