Par, Pur, Lux and Kelvin stuff?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
7,212
Reaction score
1,687
Location
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Seneye Reef monitor. Also reads the titled. What numbers should I be looking for, top, middle and bottom?
When I hold the meter directly above my BN, about 4" from waters surface, I get a Par reading of 319 at its highest and 299 lowest. The readings aren't steady. This confuses me.
I'm running 180w LED on a 40B. Whites 17% max, blues 55%max. I'm taking readings at max % only.
Dominant LPS & SPS.
 
I have also posted this question and had no response. I run the Seneye and use the Reef Radiance 165. I've been keeping my top #'s reading in the 500's and the 20k range
 
PAR Values over 500 cause SPS Corals to develop desirable reflective pigments.

This is why hardcore SPS guys still use 400 watt MH which produce a par over 500 at 24" in free air.

You want at least 200 PAR on the sand bed for clams and carpet anemones.

Bill
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new