Par readings

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I'm running a 40 breeder running 1 AI prime 16hd on the left side of the tank and 1 Nicrew 50w on the right side. Going to get another Nicrew 50w as I love these lights. I have the timer controller for it so it's easy. I'm planning to sell the AI Prime with the flex arm for $200 shipped. My current readings from the Apogee par meter says as follows (see attachment). I'm a bit disappointed because I wanted to throw in some SPS but these par readings are a bit low for the Monticaps and Digis. The lights are at 100% blue 10% white on both.

Can i actually keep anything light demanding in my mixed LPS and Softy tank with these numbers? Maybe buy more rock to go higher up in the tank to take advantage of the 230 par top center area?

25D7B7A2-D4F4-409B-ABC2-3FDE7321C112.jpeg 70131064-35AD-4DB8-98D4-4A5C2BDD9428.png

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn up the whites and test again. Able to program a schedule? With my kessils I have them on 12 hours a day with 5 peak. During the peak the intensity and color are both the highest they'll be.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn up the whites and test again. Able to program a schedule? With my kessils I have them on 12 hours a day with 5 peak. During the peak the intensity and color are both the highest they'll be.
Ohhh good idea. I saw a video on Tidal Gardens saying to turn the whites up even if it's not visually appealing during the hours you won't be home so the corals can get what they need as long as it's within the range of par they need and used to. Then, have it back down on all blues the last few hrs of the day when you're home. Is that what you're suggesting? If so, I can try that!

As for your other question, yes the nicrew controller allows you to set a schedule with specific intensities at certain points of the day. Great $45!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh good idea. I saw a video on Tidal Gardens saying to turn the whites up even if it's not visually appealing during the hours you won't be home so the corals can get what they need as long as it's within the range of par they need and used to. Then, have it back down on all blues the last few hrs of the day when you're home. Is that what you're suggesting? If so, I can try that!

As for your other question, yes the nicrew controller allows you to set a schedule with specific intensities at certain points of the day. Great $45!
I start at 10% intensity, ramp up, 5 hours peak, then ramp down. Over the course of 12 hours. Ramp up and down are much more blue. Peak is whitest.

OP
OP
N

Novicereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start at 10% intensity, ramp up, 5 hours peak, then ramp down. Over the course of 12 hours. Ramp up and down are much more blue. Peak is whitest.
Ohhh I like that! I can try that so they will get a lot of par without in burning them from prolonged periods of time under it since it's only 5hrs. I also get to see them under blues towards the end of day and mornings when I home. I love it! Thanks! I'll grab the meter and test it to see

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back