OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone happen to have PAR measurements from an OR3 blue bar resting on the edge of the tank, or at least mounted very close to the surface of the water, within 3-5 inches? Would be interested to know what the PAR numbers might be from a single LED bar at various levels when sitting so close to the surface.
What are you wanting to run them close to the surface for? You'll get significantly better spread and results from having them 12-14" off the water surface.

There is a thread on here that has PAR testing for all the OR3 bars (other than the newest UV one), just search "Par orphek" and you'll find it. It's a little confusing, but someone wrote some nice directions on how to comprehend what you're looking at.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you wanting to run them close to the surface for? You'll get significantly better spread and results from having them 12-14" off the water surface.

There is a thread on here that has PAR testing for all the OR3 bars (other than the newest UV one), just search "Par orphek" and you'll find it. It's a little confusing, but someone wrote some nice directions on how to comprehend what you're looking at.
It's all just a temporary solution on a stock tank until my actual tank gets set up. I have a halide suspended above it but an LED bar resting on the edges of the stock tank. Gets the job done for now, but I will search that and look for numbers if anyone has anything posted with close proximity.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back