parameter help

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone just coming here for some advice on how i can keep my big 3 parameters stable, my akalinity for a while was pretty high like 13+ dkh and i stopped dosing a while ago to let my tank get stable now im noticing my akalinity has gotten as low as 7.7 today and also my magnesium has been sitting pretty stable around 1425 however calcium has been hard to read as my tester is reading over 600ppm and asking to check sample so i need to get that figured out. I don’t think it’s necessary for me to start dosing and using kalkwasser and soda ash but maybe i’m wrong. My tank has no sps just softs, euphyllia and some leathers so they won’t be sucking those nutrients out of my water faster then i can do a water change so should i just rely on a weekly water change as i been doing since i started? I do around a 20% water change with rpm salt, tanks a 35 gallon cube 15 gallon sump skimmer and carbon + gfo reactor. each water change i add back in trace elements and stress zyme from api

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with a weekly water change and monitor alk levels to determine your consumption. Sounds like you just need to test more frequently until you get into a routine.

OP
OP
L

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and i feel like that’s where i go wrong, I don’t understand how much my tank consumes nutrients and what’s a good way to really track that? I own the Hanna marine master tester so i try to test every other day or couple days

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are testing and recording daily or every other day, you should be able to review those measurements and get a good idea of weekly consumption. That's how we track it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back