parameters and bulb selection

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took my tank Param's this morning about 3 hours after a water change, is there anything you guys would change? (I'm trying to bump up my alk to about 9-10 dKh but it's proving difficult)

Nitrates: 0ppm
Phosphates: <0.1ppm
Alkalinity: 7.5 dKh
pH: 8.26 (display lights off)
Temp: 81F
SG: 1.025
Calcium: 375 ppm
Magnesium: 1475 ppm

I dose with Kalkwasser from a still resevoir to make up for evaporation. It ends up being about 1 gallon per day, but I'm worried that I'm not keeping up with my alk uptake. I'm adding just the alkalinity part of 2 part solution to suppliment it. Short of adding a calcium reactor, can you think of anything that I could do to boost it more permanently?

The other issue is the color of my coral isn't really what I'd like for it to be. I'm thinking that my bulbs (about 7 months old at this point) are wearing out since they were cheap Ebay bulbs, and hope that in another month or so, to get a better bulb that can get some better color out of my corals. Any recommendations? I'm using 2x250w SE bulbs with 2x110 VHO actinic supplimentation.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back