Parasite medication

dougzfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have corals have noticed some parasite action on my blue tang. Is coppersafe an option? or any body have recommendations thanks !
 
I have corals have noticed some parasite action on my blue tang. Is coppersafe an option? or any body have recommendations thanks !
When quarantining, utilize a separate tank for treatment. Copper is not safe for coral and inverts and even a trace will often kill them. You want to treat with coppersafe or copper power for a full 30 days at 2.25 ppm and leave display tank without fish for 6-8 weeks to assure any parasites present die off without a host fish. Monitor with hanna Brand copper test kit
 
I have corals have noticed some parasite action on my blue tang. Is coppersafe an option? or any body have recommendations thanks !

One thing you can do is to post a clear video under white lights. Hosting on Youtube works pretty well. We can then try to narrow down the parasite involved and explore treatment options.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new