parasite or snail parts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
4,317
Reaction score
2,639
Location
Allenstown nh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so when I turned my light on this morning I saw a white tube coming out of one of my new tonga or fancy nassarius snails. It sucked back in as soon as I saw it. No pic:-(. But I went to a lfs today and ironically I saw what appears to be the exact same thing hanging out of an orange spotted snail. This one did not suck back in. Even after I asked the owner to disturb t he snail to see if it would. He even picked it out of the water and it just stayed hanging out. Anyone know what it is?
 

Attachments

  • 20150102_124748.jpg
    20150102_124748.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 20150102_124752.jpg
    20150102_124752.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 20150102_124754.jpg
    20150102_124754.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 177
thank you for the answer but could you be more specific? Are you positive it's a parasite? What type of parasite? Have you ever come across it? Will it infest the tank?
 
Anyone? Need to know if I should remove the nassarius
 
man I hope its nothing I will infect the rest of my snails
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new