Partners for my current fish

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 55 gallon tank and I'm looking to get a couple more fish. So far I have as follows.

2 Mocha clowns
2 blue/green chroma
1 Snowflake all
5 trochus snails
3 nasarus snails
10 red legged hermit crabs

I would like 3 to 4 more fish and here is what I'm looking for, further more I would like to say that I plan on getting a few more snails and crabs in order to help with waste as my current tank load is working beautifully.

Im looking for fish that like to swim not hide, are omnivores (lots of scraps from feeding the eel) and can swim fast since the current inhabitants are damsels and a predator.

I was thinking some of the black and silver stripes cardinals there are gorgeous but not sure how they will far and other suggestions other then erases and those little guys with the long pointed top fins?

Also hoping for suggestions on sand cleaning fish since I'm not really looking to use the sand cleaning during water changes since the pumps sucks up the sand.

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A slow moving fish like a cardinal seems like it would be a quick snack for an eel. I've never had an eel so don't take my word on that.
You should definatly took into wrasses like the melanarus wrasse, great fish with lots of personality and eats some pests. It also sleeps in the sand which would keep it somewhat stirred.
If you want to be a little more risky maybe a flame angel or coral beauty as they sometimes nip coral
Depending on how much you love your snails and crabs, you could try some sort of Valentini or Toby puffer.

Good luck and happy reefing :)

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then you can definitely get a dwarf angel. Coral beauties usually go for 30 bucks and flames go for 50.
You can get a free flame angel on saltwater fish.com if you spend 150....

Good luck and keep us updated!

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only buy from my local fish store, I don't have a quarantine tank so i only buy from one store and only fish that have bin there for atleast 2 months they have everything you guys have mentioned thougg.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deff want a coral beauty they look awesome I was thinking a gobie and then two more active swimmers. I say active swimmers cause the eel is awesome but he just hides till he smells his food. The clowns and Chromis swim all over but the tank seems bare with just them 4 but the gobie will help with the sand

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with a melanarus wrasse but make sure you have a lid because they love jumping :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back