OP
OP
F

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry was gone for couple of months. Had a tank crash , lost all my lps and sps collection. Half of the zoa collection made it through. Finally things seem to be stabilizing , I will probably start with rescaping my rock work and then start collecting again.

I am looking for ideas for rockscaping?

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang bro, sorry to hear your tank crashed. I know you had some amazing acans.

As far as rock scape, I'm redoing mine. I like the minimalist look. But I have too many corals for that. LOL

If I get a bigger tank I'll go that route and have more fish :)

OP
OP
F

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang bro, sorry to hear your tank crashed. I know you had some amazing acans.

As far as rock scape, I'm redoing mine. I like the minimalist look. But I have too many corals for that. LOL

If I get a bigger tank I'll go that route and have more fish :)

Thanks Darrell, It was indeed hard the first month and then I told my self that I would use this as a learning experience. The one thing that helped is that I stopped counting the loss and that reduced the pain some.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the cause for the tank crash? So sorry to hear man. Did the fish make it? Good luck with the rebuild.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear bro. :( I wish you well with the rebuild!

chestnud

Slice & Dice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manoj,
Let me know when you are ready and I'll send some frags your way (not all your pieces are lost as I have a few growing)

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manoj I'm so sorry to hear this!
LMK if I can be any assistance. I will be setting up a new 110g (48x24x22) we need to get together and brainstorm rock configs

OP
OP
F

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the cause for the tank crash? So sorry to hear man. Did the fish make it? Good luck with the rebuild.

Yea, it was my sulphur denitrator. My observations are post event

- Sulphur denitrator was excessively over sized
- Stripped water very clean - It removes something besides nitrates as well, I cant put my finger on it yet but I had the same observation when I did vodka.
- Started to loose few in a week
- Started to feed very very heavy (3 times big chunks of rods ) and the loss reduced to one head a week
- I decided that I cannot continue like this. so I took the denitrator off - This set off a chain reaction
- lost LPS at a rapid rate and sps as well.
- My conclusion was this was due to the nitrogen cycle breaking down and loss of bacteria
- The bacteria in the system starved and all the bacteria in the denitrator was growing, as I took it offline I loss my bacterial balance or something of that sort.

Sorry to hear bro. :( I wish you well with the rebuild!

Thanks Rev
Manoj,
Let me know when you are ready and I'll send some frags your way (not all your pieces are lost as I have a few growing)

Appreciate it bro. Will definitely get in touch with you.

Manoj I'm so sorry to hear this!
LMK if I can be any assistance. I will be setting up a new 110g (48x24x22) we need to get together and brainstorm rock configs

Thanks Dave. Lost the moral to get back, but I am better now, lets meet sometime to discuss rock configs.

Hi Manoj sorry to hear that bro. Let me know if i can be of any assistance. Really sorry to hear that.

Thanks bro for the kind works. Will let you know.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duuuuude! I'm sorry that your tank crashed...ahhh man, this was one of my favorite tanks on R2R! :(

I loved the excellent coral colours you were getting.

Got one question for you: I read on the first page that you run 5xT5 tubes, can you please let me know what the tube combo is please? Many thanks.

PS, are you restarting with a fresh tank or just resetting this current tank?

OP
OP
F

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me suggestions on lighting. I am looking to light 36*18 area . About 300-400 Par at a depth of 30 inches.

Please give me suggestions for T5 and metal halides if have I have to go that way. Also combination of T5 and metal halides , combi of T5 and Led .

OP
OP
F

firsttime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me suggestions on lighting. I am looking to light 36*18 area . About 300-400 Par at a depth of 22 inches.

Please give me suggestions for T5 and metal halides if have I have to go that way. Also combination of T5 and metal halides , combi of T5 and Led .

Correction : depth is 22 inches.

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me suggestions on lighting. I am looking to light 36*18 area . About 300-400 Par at a depth of 30 inches.

I personally love LED w/T5s. after seeing Todd's Radion LEDs @ CC Wharehouse I have been blown away!

I do have a 250HQI w/ 14k Pheonix and Bluewave ballast if you want test par or to see how it looks

dknuckles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops
I managed to delete a sentence

I currently run AIs only until new DT is set up (had both AIs&T5s on old DT)...

dmatt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have ya checked out the Apollo light setup? By far the most par I've found in leds. Matt

....... I'm Matt n i have a reef obsession.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back