Patrick's Bare Bum Nano

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Patrick.S, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Patrick.S

Patrick.S Well-Known Member

Hi Guys. I figured I would finally show off my tank here on R2R. It is the Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 and it's been up and running for about 9 months. Lets start with a fts I just took.

ftsseptember.JPG

This is my equipment list:

Nuvo 10 tank with the old media rack
    Aquamaxx Nemolight Nano
    Eheim Jager heater
    Tunze Nano ATO
    Jebao SW-2 pump

That's it. No skimmer, reactors, fancy media racks or anything. I don't run any chemical media at all. The only thing I use for filtration is walmart filter floss that I change every couple days.

You can see that I have gone bare bottom with this tank. Which I think is one of the key factors for the success I've had with the minimal gear. Truly my main motivation for starting a thread here is just to show that it can be pretty cheap if you want it to be. I built this for under $150 before adding rock and livestock. I have a strategy for keeping costs down there too, but I should probably make that it's own post.

So yeah, in the interest of trying to put myself out there and get over the feeling that I sound really weird on camera, I've started a youtube channel sharing my tanks. This is the first video:

I'll end with a shot of the newest coral I've added. The purple hammer is snuggled up to my frogspawn in my mini euphyllia section.
    newhammer.JPG

Oh by the way, I suck at the internet sometimes so I don't know if these photos will show up properly.

Tags:

2. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Looks great Patrick!

3. Tahoe61

Tahoe61 Moderator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

Great tank, love the Dragon's Breath macro.

4. Patrick.S

Patrick.S Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I'm convinced that if the entire tank crashed, that dragon's breath would still be alive, reveling in the nutrients. I have to cut it back every few months and trade it back to the lfs. It's the only money maker in the tank so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted