Patrick's Bare Bum Nano

Patrick.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys. I figured I would finally show off my tank here on R2R. It is the Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 and it's been up and running for about 9 months. Lets start with a fts I just took.

ftsseptember.JPG

This is my equipment list:

Nuvo 10 tank with the old media rack
Aquamaxx Nemolight Nano
Eheim Jager heater
Tunze Nano ATO
Jebao SW-2 pump

That's it. No skimmer, reactors, fancy media racks or anything. I don't run any chemical media at all. The only thing I use for filtration is walmart filter floss that I change every couple days.

You can see that I have gone bare bottom with this tank. Which I think is one of the key factors for the success I've had with the minimal gear. Truly my main motivation for starting a thread here is just to show that it can be pretty cheap if you want it to be. I built this for under $150 before adding rock and livestock. I have a strategy for keeping costs down there too, but I should probably make that it's own post.

So yeah, in the interest of trying to put myself out there and get over the feeling that I sound really weird on camera, I've started a youtube channel sharing my tanks. This is the first video:

I'll end with a shot of the newest coral I've added. The purple hammer is snuggled up to my frogspawn in my mini euphyllia section.
newhammer.JPG

Oh by the way, I suck at the internet sometimes so I don't know if these photos will show up properly.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great Patrick!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank, love the Dragon's Breath macro.

OP
OP
Patrick.S

Patrick.S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! I'm convinced that if the entire tank crashed, that dragon's breath would still be alive, reveling in the nutrients. I have to cut it back every few months and trade it back to the lfs. It's the only money maker in the tank so far.

Back