Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks awesome Paul!

Duane Fagan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey if I'm super late to the party my bad I ran out of gas. Great tank and triple thanks for sharing your experience with customaquariums.com. If you don't mind how thick is your glass? Was any part tempered? Was any part low iron? How is it holding up now that some time has passed?would you still recommend them? Thanks in advance

StephenGlidden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get an 8’w x 30”d x 26” t, to replace the one I have now. Wondering if you’ve had any problems with customaquariums.com tank. Are the overflows loud? The tanks they make look awesome.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking to get an 8’w x 30”d x 26” t, to replace the one I have now. Wondering if you’ve had any problems with customaquariums.com tank. Are the overflows loud? The tanks they make look awesome.

They are very popular here since hey are made here and I have seen many and they are very well built. Never heard of a issue. Could not comment on the overflows since I have never listened.

StephenGlidden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very popular here since hey are made here and I have seen many and they are very well built. Never heard of a issue. Could not comment on the overflows since I have never listened.

The only thing i can find online about them negative is that people say the welds on the aluminum bracing can rust, have you seen any issue with that?
I assume your tank is still up and running?
Their prices seem like they are way better then others.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only thing i can find online about them negative is that people say the welds on the aluminum bracing can rust, have you seen any issue with that?
I assume your tank is still up and running?
Their prices seem like they are way better then others.

I do not have one myself. They are semi local to me and most of the LFS have them set up around me. I know several people who have their aquariums but I never heard of a issue. What aluminum bracing? Stand?

OP
OP
prdubois

prdubois

Check out my 225gal: https://www.reef2reef.com/th
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So due to some issues I lost almost everything and I am starting the tank over:

2 1/2 years ago I had to have knee surgery and was not paying enough attention to my tank since it is in the basement. I had a heater that the cap where the wire connects cracked open and exposed live current to the tank. Then last year my Neptune wavs stopped working and I had to send them in to be replaced. Due to Covid it took some time. On top of that I had a small takeover of Kenya tree. I had 220 gallons of this. So.. The corals I did not loose to the heater and lack of flow, the Kenya tree took out.

1618367435992.png

OP
OP
prdubois

prdubois

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.. .
Three months ago I took all the rock and sand out of the 225 gal tank.
Put the few surviving corals into a 40 breeder. Mainly hammer coral and Favia.
Once everything was out of the tank I put 50lbs of Marco Rock in to the 225 to cycle.
We removed all the Kenya trees off the rock we could find and let the rock sun bleach for a month.
After a month I took the rock from outside and soaked it in Vinegar and water for a week with a powerhead. When the week was done, there were still traces of Kenya tree still on the rock.
I had to nuke the rock or replace it so.. 30 min in the turkey fryer on the back porch.
Let the rock dry out and sun bleach on the deck of a week and now the rock was finally dead.
Rinsed the rock and put all the rock in a vat of saltwater with a powerhead and lid.
Monitored Phosphate and Nitrate and did weekly water changes for 6 weeks.

All the rock is now back in the 225 and added some live sand.

OP
OP
prdubois

prdubois

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a Lucky break and found someone who had a 180 full of fish and was taking down their tank.
Added a cleanup crew from Reef cleaners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
prdubois

prdubois

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish list now is:
225 gal
1 yellow tang
1 six line wrasse
1 Naso tang
1 purple tang
1 blue Hippo tang
1 sailfin tang
1 powder brown tang
1 koran angel (have not caught him messing with any corals yet)
1 yellow wrasse
2 clowns
1 blue Chromis
1 firefish

60 gal
1 picasso trigger
1 gem puffer
1 six line wrasse
2 clowns
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish

Saltydog69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey paul keep us updated, im moving into a home that I bought for the finished basement and aka fish room.. shhh don't tell my wife... ive been looking at 7 ft tanks about your size and will likely be ordering form customaquariums.com like you did. they are local to me and I like that I could go see it being made and pick it up myself for shipping. do you have any complaints or advice from someone about to do their first large reef tank? my system now is 90 gallons so bumping up to 220 to 240 is a huge change for me. thanks.

OP
OP
prdubois

prdubois

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey paul keep us updated, im moving into a home that I bought for the finished basement and aka fish room.. shhh don't tell my wife... ive been looking at 7 ft tanks about your size and will likely be ordering form customaquariums.com like you did. they are local to me and I like that I could go see it being made and pick it up myself for shipping. do you have any complaints or advice from someone about to do their first large reef tank? my system now is 90 gallons so bumping up to 220 to 240 is a huge change for me. thanks.
Love the tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back