OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey paul was wondering if you still have your leopard toby puffer and if he bothered any coral or invertebrates?
Nope, he didn't last long. Never seen him touch a single coral. He was a great option for a potentially reef safe puffer. Very cool dude.

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to update soon. For now here's some new stuff.

Got this beauty...
d5ZEgqJ.jpg

And upgraded to this beast!
KLpGX0l.jpg

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Paul! Just checking in and saying hello after being away for a while! Wow, that Wrasse is stunning! What kind of Leopard is it? (I assume it is some kind of Leopard) :) And look at that fancy new filtration!!

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read this entire thread, a truly inspiring tank. Easily one the best looking tanks i have seen in my 30 years of off and on reefkeeping.

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read this entire thread, a truly inspiring tank. Easily one the best looking tanks i have seen in my 30 years of off and on reefkeeping.
Thanks for reading through! It's been a journey for sure and thanks for the kinds words!
Hey Paul! Just checking in and saying hello after being away for a while! Wow, that Wrasse is stunning! What kind of Leopard is it? (I assume it is some kind of Leopard) :) And look at that fancy new filtration!!
Hey there! Yea, I've kinda been off the forum for a while as well. You are right it is a leopard wrasse. A Black Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon negrosensis). She hid for almost a week but is now our and eating.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I need to update soon. For now here's some new stuff.

Got this beauty...
d5ZEgqJ.jpg

And upgraded to this beast!
KLpGX0l.jpg
Great stuff, Paul. That leopard looks awesome!

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, look at that stunning Wrasse? What kind is the specimen again? And so glad the Leopard Wrasse decided to come out and eat! :)

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pintail Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus Isosceles). Check out the adult males, they are spectacular.

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys despite the cyano battle I've been having currently I have added two more fish with the loss of the black leopard wrasse. This brings me up to a total of 8 fish, being my new record in the 40. I am planning on upgrading to a larger tank hopefully sometime in the near future. I'm thinking 90 gal, but im not set on anything. Anyways, the two new fish are both wrasses. C. aurantidorsalis (orange-back) was introduced 12 days ago and C. naokoae (Naoko's) (Yes, im aware of the risks!) was added yesterday. So far everyone is staying active. My leopard seems to be putting the naoko in its place every now and again, hopefully this will work out. The aggression has no actual contact and doesn't seem bad. So far. Here are some photos of the new guys as well as some of the old guys. Flash on in all of these shots. The other 2 dartfish hang out together in the back, and the swales basslet stays in the shadows. LOL. This tank had became VERY active.

4a7hbaW.jpg

X4JzEKa.jpg

Bv67R3g.jpg

MuzkYjb.jpg

RC8g3B7.jpg

nCoNuS1.jpg

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! Mantella baroni up top, and Oophaga pumilio bottom right. The smaller one on bottom left is just home to some moss, but may eventually make a home for a mourning gecko.

7ulscfP.jpg

yHTW1Iq.jpg
Awesome! I've never kept darts but have considered it. After we move, I think I want chameleons again along with a bigger reef.

Cheers,
rant

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back