Pax Bellum Ever Go On Sale?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Joe, does Pax Bellum ever go on sale? I am tempted to buy either the C30 or C36 but the prices make me hesitate.
Thanks.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 Having never seen them on sale. I just dont think they have the manufactoring capacity to make a huge inventory a sale would demand. As it is you still have a 4-6 week wait after ordering.

I just let a new one go here on the forum and I beleive I saw a couple of others used for a short time.

OP
OP
roberthu526

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 Having never seen them on sale. I just dont think they have the manufactoring capacity to make a huge inventory a sale would demand. As it is you still have a 4-6 week wait after ordering.

I just let a new one go here on the forum and I beleive I saw a couple of others used for a short time.

I think they can manufacture much faster but the order number is so small they don’t want to risk holding any inventory. My guess is based on the lack of review on the internet so it could be wrong.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly. BRS has been begging to stock them per one of his latest videos but Ryan suspected they wouldnt be able to meet demand.

I pre-ordered mine in early oct 2017 and did not receive until jan 2018.

I do hope that at some point theyre able to discount for major holiday sales etc. im sure theyd do well even if folks had to wait a bit on delivery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
roberthu526

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will likely make much more money if they reduce the price a bit and start mass produce. If they can cut profit by 20% but double the column they will make much more money and grow very fast. Right now the price is so high in the sky that very few people can afford them. If Skimz go on sale this month I am going to give it a shot.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will likely make much more money if they reduce the price a bit and start mass produce. If they can cut profit by 20% but double the column they will make much more money and grow very fast. Right now the price is so high in the sky that very few people can afford them. If Skimz go on sale this month I am going to give it a shot.

So by making less profits, that will allow them to expand into mass production? Not sure I follow that solid logic.

OP
OP
roberthu526

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So by making less profits, that will allow them to expand into mass production? Not sure I follow that solid logic.

Lol reducing price so profit drops. But the point is price is what limits their volume at the moment. Other brands are a quarter to 1/5 of their price and work just fine. Personally I am willing to pay 75-80% of their asking price because of the quality and I believe that still leaves them very good profit margin (over 30%).

Again all my speculation. No need to follow the logic if you don’t like it.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol reducing price so profit drops. But the point is price is what limits their volume at the moment. Other brands are a quarter to 1/5 of their price and work just fine. Personally I am willing to pay 75-80% of their asking price because of the quality and I believe that still leaves them very good profit margin (over 30%).

Again all my speculation. No need to follow the logic if you don’t like it.

It's not that I don't like your logic, it's just that your missing some key points that make your logic... illogical.

They have a lead time for every order, so what's limiting their volume is just their size, it's one guy making these. So why would you reduce profits when you have no means to up the volume anyway? The price point isn't what's limiting their volume. That's like saying Reef Savvy would be better off lowering their price and putting out more tanks, even though the situation is the same and one guy is doing the whole show, he just simply can't do it any faster, so if you want that quality, you're going to pay for it.

OP
OP
roberthu526

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not that I don't like your logic, it's just that your missing some key points that make your logic... illogical.

They have a lead time for every order, so what's limiting their volume is just their size, it's one guy making these. So why would you reduce profits when you have no means to up the volume anyway? The price point isn't what's limiting their volume. That's like saying Reef Savvy would be better off lowering their price and putting out more tanks, even though the situation is the same and one guy is doing the whole show, he just simply can't do it any faster, so if you want that quality, you're going to pay for it.

Well Ford didn’t make 5000 cars a day back in the 60’s. No one said he can only operate by himself. If he refuses to grow in size then you are right the price will never come down I guess. But I thought people run business to make money?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think without knowing the numbers behind the buisness it's really hard to speculate. Who knows how much profit they are making per reactor and how much time it takes. Dropping the price 20% might mean they are just breaking even and sales might not even significantly increase with a drop like that. We also have no idea the sales numbers or expressed demand for various price ranges. If there is a lead time it might be so tight financially they can only order materials when get some cash for an order. Does one try and get investors and dilute your equity when there might not be a much larger demand for something 10 or 20% less. Hopefully they product is successful enough and they are making enough to develop a significantly less expensive model or investing in tooling or something else to drop their cost that can be passed on.

Investing in more workers would be nice IF they have the demand and funds. Those are big if's!

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't buy the Skimz ,, its junk ,, I just pulled mine,, for the second time from my system ,,, the light is cheap ,, I have had it go out on me twice ,,, BRS sent me another one after the first one went out ,, BRS was stand up about it ,, its nice to do business with a great company :) I have my Chatto back to growing in a tray in my sump tank with one of those grow lights they sell on ,,, guess where :) BRS :)

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some other things to think about are if they drop price, they may have to lower the quality/thickness of the acrylic. If you start sacrificing quality you put yourself in the “sea of sameness”.
I bought a sump from lifereef for my first tank bcs heard nothing but good thing. Wasn’t disappointed but knew I had to spend more.
High quality means paying higher prices.

OP
OP
roberthu526

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be shocked if their margin is that low that if they drop price by 20% they would have to sacrifice quality to make up for the price drop. It may cost them more to make one but mass production can drive cost down significantly.
Anyway it has gotten way to far from my original question. It’s good to know they never go on sale. I am stop checking now lol.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way I see it, Pax Bellum is to chaeto reactors as Turbo’s Aquatics is to algae turf scrubbers. They are both one man shops that produce the highest quality products in their respective classes. These aren’t the mass produced junk you see so much of in this hobby. While the lead to is longer and the price point is high, having owned both products, I can attest to the fact that you definitely get what you pay for.

Worth it? That’s up to the end user.

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pay if you want it. What is it with people that wait a year for a sale. Do you know how much time and energy you waist thinking and wondering about that sale everyday. If 1200 over 1100 is going to make a difference? Maybe its the wrong purchase for you.

Yes these are great quality. It's like a Ferrari compared to the rest. Would you ask Ferrari when they're going on sale? They never do.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let you know that if you use the coupon code Salt20 on saltwateraquarium.com you can get $20 off of one and also a freebie. They have them in stock also. I just bought one this weekend.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let you know that if you use the coupon code Salt20 on saltwateraquarium.com you can get $20 off of one and also a freebie. They have them in stock also. I just bought one this weekend.

When you get it & have it up and running ,, put up a post on what you think of it :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back