Pax Bellum plumbing question

DW66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on some upgrades to my tank, which has had phosphate issues for a while, and one of the upgrades I am installing is a Pax Bellum Algae reactor. I had originally planned on running it off a dedicated pump, but I have realized that the sump is more crowded than I thought, and am now considering running it off of the manifold that came with my Waterbox.

However, this method will not enable me to shut the water flow off, so the water will be running through the reactor 24/7, even when the light is off. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable solution, or should it indeed have its own pump so that the flow is off when the light is off?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on some upgrades to my tank, which has had phosphate issues for a while, and one of the upgrades I am installing is a Pax Bellum Algae reactor. I had originally planned on running it off a dedicated pump, but I have realized that the sump is more crowded than I thought, and am now considering running it off of the manifold that came with my Waterbox.

However, this method will not enable me to shut the water flow off, so the water will be running through the reactor 24/7, even when the light is off. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable solution, or should it indeed have its own pump so that the flow is off when the light is off?
Not familiar with the pax bellum reactor but I doubt they suggest flow should be shut off anyway.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back