Pax Bellum plumbing question

  • Thread starter Thread starter DW66
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DW66

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
31
Location
91711
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on some upgrades to my tank, which has had phosphate issues for a while, and one of the upgrades I am installing is a Pax Bellum Algae reactor. I had originally planned on running it off a dedicated pump, but I have realized that the sump is more crowded than I thought, and am now considering running it off of the manifold that came with my Waterbox.

However, this method will not enable me to shut the water flow off, so the water will be running through the reactor 24/7, even when the light is off. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable solution, or should it indeed have its own pump so that the flow is off when the light is off?
 
I've been working on some upgrades to my tank, which has had phosphate issues for a while, and one of the upgrades I am installing is a Pax Bellum Algae reactor. I had originally planned on running it off a dedicated pump, but I have realized that the sump is more crowded than I thought, and am now considering running it off of the manifold that came with my Waterbox.

However, this method will not enable me to shut the water flow off, so the water will be running through the reactor 24/7, even when the light is off. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable solution, or should it indeed have its own pump so that the flow is off when the light is off?
Not familiar with the pax bellum reactor but I doubt they suggest flow should be shut off anyway.
 
I've been working on some upgrades to my tank, which has had phosphate issues for a while, and one of the upgrades I am installing is a Pax Bellum Algae reactor. I had originally planned on running it off a dedicated pump, but I have realized that the sump is more crowded than I thought, and am now considering running it off of the manifold that came with my Waterbox.

However, this method will not enable me to shut the water flow off, so the water will be running through the reactor 24/7, even when the light is off. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable solution, or should it indeed have its own pump so that the flow is off when the light is off?
It is recommended that the reactor have about 500GPH running through it consistently.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new