Pay It Forward……

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently the recipient of a free piece of equipment from a fellow forum member. It was greatly appreciated. I won’t get into specifics, but that member is free to jump in a tell the story should they so desire. This is the reason for starting a WTG (Want To Give) aka Pay It Forward thread.

So in return, I'm going to pay the favor forward here. Hopefully this works as I intend it to.

Rules:
1. If you accept the item, you must in turn give away something else. Preferably of equal or greater value.

2. Post "I'll take it" to secure the free item. Preferably back it up with a PM to the “giver”.

3. When you receive your free item, post the item that you are giving away (post it in this thread). Alternatively, feel free to post a “WTG” item at anytime and claim an item some time down the road.

4. If you fail to ship your item, you get negative feedback.

5. Giver and Taker can hash out details on how to get the item shipped/delivered/picked up.

This is an Honor System deal, so let’s self-police it and not take advantage of receiving and not giving.

And full disclosure - a WTG thread wasn’t my idea. I found it on another forum I frequent and it’s been going strong for years with very little drama.

OP
OP
JayM

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll start.
I’ve got 6 slip x slip 3/4” bulkheads. They fit a 34mm hole. Brand new.

Also have 2 slip x slip 1” bulkheads. They fit a 43mm hole if I remember correctly. Also brand new.

P/U in 91730, or I’ll ship to the lower 48 on my dime.

OP
OP
JayM

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea! I have so much dry goods sitting in my garage that would be perfect for this…
I’ve got a bit of a collection myself. I’m just at a point that I’m not yet sure what I’m going to need. I’ll definitely put it up what I don’t need at some point.

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a question? I have been working in nursing for 17 years i've been thinking about starting up a nano tank for my residents to enjoy. would it count as a pay-it-forward if it went to help me piece together something for them to enjoy? this hobby is expensive and this idea is all on my dime which my wife isn't too happy about. I just know it's something they would enjoy looking at.

OP
OP
JayM

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a question? I have been working in nursing for 17 years i've been thinking about starting up a nano tank for my residents to enjoy. would it count as a pay-it-forward if it went to help me piece together something for them to enjoy? this hobby is expensive and this idea is all on my dime which my wife isn't too happy about. I just know it's something they would enjoy looking at.
I suppose it could. As long as those donating to the cause are confident that it's going to a nursing facility and not your living room. Like I said before - this is 100% based on the honor system.

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 4 bulb,odyssea T5 fixture with ballasts I don't need and won't use.
It works just fine and I used it for a few months. It's just more lighting than I need. No bulbs so no breakage.
I'm in Idaho so I don't think anyone is coming to get it lol so I'll ship it on my dime.
Don't know how this all works so let me know and I'll get it shipped out this week.
Joel

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose it could. As long as those donating to the cause are confident that it's going to a nursing facility and not your living room. Like I said before - this is 100% based on the honor system.
If anyone is willing to help with the build somehow let me know. unfortunatly. I cannot include my residents in any pictures that is a major hippa violation. But I would be willing to post updated pics so that everyone can see how things are coming along. I would also make a vow to the community that anything that is donated for this build if it has to be taken down for any reason will be paid forward to someone else in this pay-it-forward thread or on Reef2Reef if for some reason this thread no longer exists.

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds lovely

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is willing to help with the build somehow let me know. unfortunatly. I cannot include my residents in any pictures that is a major hippa violation. But I would be willing to post updated pics so that everyone can see how things are coming along. I would also make a vow to the community that anything that is donated for this build if it has to be taken down for any reason will be paid forward to someone else in this pay-it-forward thread or on Reef2Reef if for some reason this thread no longer exists.
I have created a wish list, if anyone would be interested in helping create this tank for my long-term residents. I need a lot to get this going as it is not at my home where all my supplies are. I am hoping to get the supplies to keep there so that I wouldn't have to haul equipment back and forth to my job. also if anyone has coral frags they might want to donate that would be nice too. as I have said before if for any reason this tank has to be taken down I will give it away to someone here on the Reef to Reef pay it forward thread. Also any questions feel free to ask. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3570CDTMQL0U4?ref_=wl_share

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been married to her for almost 35 years.....

(If I find anything in my garage that I need to Pay Forward I'll be able to find this thread from this post.)

Season 21 Episode 6 GIF by Law & Order
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was part of something like this on a watch forum and it works really well. Great to see people helping others

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was part of something like this on a watch forum and it works really well. Great to see people helping others
Been in nursing for 17 years. what I have learned is there are a lot of great people in this world. people willing to make a difference in others' lives. This is why I have been wanting to try and put something together for my residents. Since COVID the facility I work at has cut funding for activities and other extra things for our residents. I felt building this would give them something pretty to look at as they walk up and down the hall. stopping to view the interesting things that could be put inside. I also cant wait to show the build as we grow it.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have created a wish list, if anyone would be interested in helping create this tank for my long-term residents. I need a lot to get this going as it is not at my home where all my supplies are. I am hoping to get the supplies to keep there so that I wouldn't have to haul equipment back and forth to my job. also if anyone has coral frags they might want to donate that would be nice too. as I have said before if for any reason this tank has to be taken down I will give it away to someone here on the Reef to Reef pay it forward thread. Also any questions feel free to ask. https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3570CDTMQL0U4?ref_=wl_share
Junk that api test kit. Go for saliferts

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created a Build Thread for this Tank so that people can follow it and see what kind people we have here at Reef2Reef https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/residents-reef-a-fundraising-build-for-elderly-residents.1029458/

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back