Pay It Forward……

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pretty cool thread. I’ll have to see what I got. I know I don’t have much spare equipment right now.

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea. I have quite a few things that are laying around, just not sure they would really be of any use.

I am going to be building out a cabinet system for my fish room soon so I will plan on doing an inventory of items laying around that I don't use and put a list up just in case someone can get use out of any of it.

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once sent a brand new Red Sea foundation pro test kit to a user here. I didn't charge for the test kit and even paid the shipping. I didn't even get a thank you!
I am sorry that you didn't get a thank you from them. It's nice of you to have done that. I am a nurse and I have been building a reef tank for my long-term residents with whatever I have been able to scrounge up. I know I would have thanked you a million times over. I recently went to a coral expo and was able to get a few corals at great prices and I made sure to thank every person That helped out. Everyone was so nice and willing to help build something that would make some elderly people very happy.

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fragged this green star polyp into 4 pieces. One went back into my display, and the other 3 need homes. It is pretty, but not a very desirable coral. Still, I can't bear to just toss it.

I've never shipped a coral, but have packing materials from some I have received that I could use. I'm not sure I can swing the entire shipping costs, but if someone is interested, I can see what the actual cost would be and we can figure it out from there.

PXL_20240201_215550701 (1).jpg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry that you didn't get a thank you from them. It's nice of you to have done that. I am a nurse and I have been building a reef tank for my long-term residents with whatever I have been able to scrounge up. I know I would have thanked you a million times over. I recently went to a coral expo and was able to get a few corals at great prices and I made sure to thank every person That helped out. Everyone was so nice and willing to help build something that would make some elderly people very happy.

Actually, I am a bit embarrassed. I like to help; it sounds like I did it for the accolades. I do it for the good feelings I get having put a smile on someone else face. Sorry.

noxthedragon1236

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I am a bit embarrassed. I like to help; it sounds like I did it for the accolades. I do it for the good feelings I get having put a smile on someone else face. Sorry.
Don't be embarrassed. I understand when we help out we don't expect a thank you. But it's nice to hear from the person you helped out. A thank you is the least you should get.

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested I got some stuff laying around

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fragged this green star polyp into 4 pieces. One went back into my display, and the other 3 need homes. It is pretty, but not a very desirable coral. Still, I can't bear to just toss it.

I've never shipped a coral, but have packing materials from some I have received that I could use. I'm not sure I can swing the entire shipping costs, but if someone is interested, I can see what the actual cost would be and we can figure it out from there.

PXL_20240201_215550701 (1).jpg
if shipping isn't too bad I'd be interested.

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Eshopps LED that came with a desk-mate.

Attachments

• IMG_5810.jpeg
    IMG_5810.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5809.jpeg
    IMG_5809.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 55

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool thread sir!! @JayM

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that would be enough lighting for the 13.5 gal nano but I appreciate the offer. Anything is appreciated.
Agree but up for offer for anyone that needs it. I’ll check my other stuff tonight for things to fit the 13 gallon.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back