PC Gamers

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible time to build a PC, though that has been the case for the last couple of years. Prices are absurd and many things are impossible to find. I've been trying to find a logitech wireless charging mouse pad for almost 6 months now at the normal price. Not willing to pay double the MSRP.

My current rig is a AMD 5900x with PCIe gen 4x4 NVMe. and 2080 Super. I'll probably not upgrade the video card until they come back down to their normal prices but that may not happen anytime soon. May just have to stay a generation or 2 behind there as long as overpriced crypto is around.

My build is in a completely enclosed metal case. I'm going to tick off 99% of the builders but I hate the led look and thank it looks gaudy. Plus it has added even more cost to a lot of the PC components.
Yeah honestly the price scalping is insane. I definitely feel ya with the LED’s lol I like some light in there for backsplash make things visible but I’d rather just buy the parts and not pay an extra $100+ for rainbow custom LED colors+ edition or whatever

Mav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah honestly the price scalping is insane. I definitely feel ya with the LED’s lol I like some light in there for backsplash make things visible but I’d rather just buy the parts and not pay an extra $100+ for rainbow custom LED colors+ edition or whatever
One of my friends has a business in Amazon as a retailer and two weeks after the 3090 launch he was able to order up to 50 of each the 3080 and 3090 at release price. Can’t blame him for doing it, and I’m sure that’ anybody who is an online retailer and can access those cards is doing the same thing. I’m just rocking my old 1080 ti still. And I like LEDs but when you go all out with a PC you want it to “flair” a bit
My pyramid I posted runs a 3900xt 64 GB Royal RAM (3600) in silver, 1080 ti aurus x570 master and A bunch of water tubing and fittings that I would never do again, at least in that case. Only 3 nocturnal slim fans in it for the 27mm radiator and nothing goes over 65c.
DDEBDB9C-9810-4313-8C85-D3F0D34D7E18.jpeg 69DDAE80-461D-4ACB-ACA2-72465E0A2E26.jpeg

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible time to build a PC, though that has been the case for the last couple of years. Prices are absurd and many things are impossible to find. I've been trying to find a logitech wireless charging mouse pad for almost 6 months now at the normal price. Not willing to pay double the MSRP.

My current rig is a AMD 5900x with PCIe gen 4x4 NVMe. and 2080 Super. I'll probably not upgrade the video card until they come back down to their normal prices but that may not happen anytime soon. May just have to stay a generation or 2 behind there as long as overpriced crypto is around.

My build is in a completely enclosed metal case. I'm going to tick off 99% of the builders but I hate the led look and thank it looks gaudy. Plus it has added even more cost to a lot of the PC components.
lol everyone has their opinion

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
scalping on ebay 9is to be expected but when i look at local facebook marketplc post that really gets me mad lol. Also i payed another $50 for rgb on my keyboard so... :)

Royalreef22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my friends has a business in Amazon as a retailer and two weeks after the 3090 launch he was able to order up to 50 of each the 3080 and 3090 at release price. Can’t blame him for doing it, and I’m sure that’ anybody who is an online retailer and can access those cards is doing the same thing. I’m just rocking my old 1080 ti still. And I like LEDs but when you go all out with a PC you want it to “flair” a bit
My pyramid I posted runs a 3900xt 64 GB Royal RAM (3600) in silver, 1080 ti aurus x570 master and A bunch of water tubing and fittings that I would never do again, at least in that case. Only 3 nocturnal slim fans in it for the 27mm radiator and nothing goes over 65c.
DDEBDB9C-9810-4313-8C85-D3F0D34D7E18.jpeg 69DDAE80-461D-4ACB-ACA2-72465E0A2E26.jpeg
Yeah i have seen the pictures of those crypto machines. Kinda crazy i guess. Also i dont quite get y so many people have those pyramids. they look awful and look like a pain to replace parts in. just my opinion sry

Mav88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i have seen the pictures of those crypto machines. Kinda crazy i guess. Also i dont quite get y so many people have those pyramids. they look awful and look like a pain to replace parts in. just my opinion sry
It is a pain and not worth it. Wanted to be different and I don’t see many full loops in them, or any actually, and I know why, but I like how it looks now. The worst part is is that I have an issue with my motherboard and PCIE gen4 NVME drives. Instead of deconstructing the whole thing for my warranty issue I went with 2 970 evo drives. Is what it is.

OP
OP
TheShrimpNibbler

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yea, it’s definitely a bad time to build one. I was planning to go pretty low tier with an rx580 or something, but even those destroy the budget now. It’s crazy how you can’t even find one for the original drop price and they’re several generations old at this point.
My cousin gave me his old pc with a first gen amd cpu and gpu in it, but it can’t really run any of the games I want to play :(

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D05FE7ED-39CE-4685-A912-3BC1210ED6E2.jpeg

Here’s my hacked and thrown together build. I’ll do a proper hardline setup when I upgrade my dying GPU.

i7 7800K
GTX 1080Ti
Evga Z370 FTW
Corsair DDR4 16GB @ 3000mhz
960 EVO M2 500GB
1x 360mm radiator
34” Alienware 2k/ultrawide 120hz

Games
Rocket League (washed up former grand champion)
CSGO
COD war zone, except I don’t play war zone I play regular multiplayer

sagedrake690

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Message_1615092440503.jpg

Im still building this. I seald all the capacitors with urethane and Im getting a glass 1x1x1 tank with 2 120mmx240mm radiators with fans and they run through these 16152398444003716045247707796239.jpg
Those are tek plates sandwiched between a heat sink and the aluminum water block. The whole pc is going to be an oil submerged PC that pumps the oil through the radiators and the chilling tek plates. The tek plates can he turned on or off and the controller allows me to give up to 24v2a for splitting 12v 2a each for max power to both.

Urethane coats all joins sealed by glue on the acrylic skeleton and i will use nitrile calking to seal the glass aquarium. The oil will stay an inch and a half to 2 inches below the tank line to prevent wicking. It will be entirely wireless aside from the power cable.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed, I hate the leds with my build.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My build was for "school" just so my dad and I could get my mom on board lol.

My build is:
amd 5000 series
2060 super
1t 4.0 nvme
2x vengeance 8gig ram

sagedrake690

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Message_1615092440503.jpg

Im still building this. I seald all the capacitors with urethane and Im getting a glass 1x1x1 tank with 2 120mmx240mm radiators with fans and they run through these 16152398444003716045247707796239.jpg
Those are tek plates sandwiched between a heat sink and the aluminum water block. The whole pc is going to be an oil submerged PC that pumps the oil through the radiators and the chilling tek plates. The tek plates can he turned on or off and the controller allows me to give up to 24v2a for splitting 12v 2a each for max power to both.

Urethane coats all joins sealed by glue on the acrylic skeleton and i will use nitrile calking to seal the glass aquarium. The oil will stay an inch and a half to 2 inches below the tank line to prevent wicking. It will be entirely wireless aside from the power cable.
Its sporting an asrock steel legend 550m with an amd ryzen 9 3600x and 16gb or gskillz triden z ram. Im going to be getting a rtx 2080 for it. I built it to play minecraft lol.

sagedrake690

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are diatracting if you have unicorn puke and dont have them synced up lol. I choose a azure cerulean blue on a low dim that slowly "breathes" I think if it added to the asthetic of the room you wouldn't notice. Message_1614926655083.jpg

Thats my lighting setup. Torch flame leds in my light sockets at night and blue accents. My apartment is magical at night lol.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was planning to build one myself. I’ve never seen a prebuilt that isn’t overpriced. Ive gotta wait until I can find a gpu either way though. I was thinking about trying to grab one from the amd drop Wednesday.
Always build if you have the time and patience.

May take a month longer but you'll get a lot more satisfaction.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a gamer but have been waiting on a 3080 for my next build that I have been on the waitlist since October

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back