PC Superman Green?

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag of PC Superman that I got about 7 months ago from BattleCorals. Been getting good growth and great polyp extension but the color is just not there.

It's basically green. Does it take a while for the red and blue to come in? Frag looks great other than color. Here's a cell phone pic.
image.jpeg

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well......sometimes it takes months to color up but in this case i would say its the parameters or lighting that has caused your PC superman to morph to another color. But it looks nice and happy, so just let it grow and hope you get some crazy new colors to come out : )

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got my pc superman from BC also, when it was plating out on the rock surface it was green, but when it started branching upwards it turn pink and blue

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it was slow to develop. As a frag they are very underwhelming. This is one of those corals that starts to look good as it gets bigger. I used to tease Adam that this was my most disappointing frag. Now that it's bigger I'm s fanboy again lol!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine, I got only blue tips on the outer ends as you can see.
DSC_1101-L.jpg

OP
OP
Jimbo

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice colony Diesel! Mine's getting about 400 par of T5 lighting . Looks very healthy and getting good growth so I'm hoping the color will come next. Sounds like it's just going to take some time.

Thanks for the replies

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep up the good work.
Any pics?

Seth401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is even more green but it's mostly the encrusting parts... And it's encrusting a ton. Inches off the plug.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mini-colony that's greenish at the base but transitions to pink/purple/red as you progress up the colony. It's in pretty high light. I have a small frag that's in lower light and that one is totally green. I recently moved tanks and in the old tank the frag was under high light and had the same coloration as the mother. After moving, the shock of transferring and lower light caused it to green out. It's been real slow to come back though.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back