Pearl Bubble Base?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Matty Ice
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Matty Ice

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
202
Reaction score
265
Location
Bucks County
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this Pearl Bubble coral last weekend. After looking at it…Is this tall base normal Skelton for this coral?
34DC154D-1EBF-4E91-B000-E749E37F65AD.jpeg
 
No, it’s normal. I got one similar and when I was trying to cut the excess skeleton off I cracked the bubble into two pieces. I glued both shorter skeletons to rocks and grew both into very nice sized colonies that I eventually traded to the lfs because they were too big. Took 5 years to grow to softball sized skeleton.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new