Pearl Harbor Day

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
21,782
Reaction score
73,666
Location
Long Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets remember that 75 years ago today Pearl Harbor was attacked bringing us into the war with Japan. Thousands of lives were lost on that day of Infamy
 
My dad and I bought tickets for my grandfather and great uncle to fly to Hawaii yesterday to be at Pearl Harbor this morning. Both of them were there when it happened. My Grandfather and Great uncle were on the Arizona when it went down, they were just lucky enough to survive. The stories I have heard throughout the years, I will never forget. Thank you to all of the veterans, active service men and women and the families of the ones lost. Without y'all we wouldn't have the freedoms we have today!
 
I just finished reading "Killing the Rising Sun" about our War with Japan. Fantastic book for anyone interested in WW2
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new