pearlberry?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jvb89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jvb89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
339
Reaction score
158
Location
Ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20151125_150319-1 (1).jpg
 
this was sold to me as a pearlberry and now that I look at it the structure looks different.... thoughts?
 
Hard to tell without a true to the eye picture. This looks like three shades of blue to me. More importantly, it does not have the coralite shape of the pearlberries I have seen.
 
Updated pic. Coloring up nicely but no noticeable growth yet. Still not 100% on what it is either.
 
Agree with others that what you have is Tenius. A nice coral but it's not quite Pearl Berry. If you paid Pearl Berry prices, I'd go ask for a partial refund. Here is my ORA Pearlberry. I think you can see the growth structure is much different than Tenius.

 
Nice colony you have there. I only paid 60$ for the mini colony so I got a steal
 
Nice colony you have there. I only paid 60$ for the mini colony so I got a steal
That is a decent price for a tenuis of that size. It may even color up more. A pearlberry of that size would have cost much more than that price.
 
Tenuis or Nausta?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new