Pederson shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpw213
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mpw213

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
143
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I bought a Pedersons shrimp last Saturday for my 2.5 gallon pico tank and he seemed fine when I added it and then disappeared completely (so today is the 3rd day I haven’t seen it). I have a sexy shrimp that’s been doing well so don’t think anything would have eaten it as it’s bigger than the sexy.

Is it normal for these guys to hide when first added? Or is there a good chance it died? My tank is super small so usually I can find things but there are a lot of tight spaces In the rock and I’ve told myself I’m done moving the rocks to find things!


 
Hey everyone. I bought a Pedersons shrimp last Saturday for my 2.5 gallon pico tank and he seemed fine when I added it and then disappeared completely (so today is the 3rd day I haven’t seen it). I have a sexy shrimp that’s been doing well so don’t think anything would have eaten it as it’s bigger than the sexy.

Is it normal for these guys to hide when first added? Or is there a good chance it died? My tank is super small so usually I can find things but there are a lot of tight spaces In the rock and I’ve told myself I’m done moving the rocks to find things!
Some of these ornamental shrimp can be extra shy.

I have a blue coral-banded shrimp that I rarely see. He surprises me now and again with an appearance just when I thought he had gone on to shrimp heaven.
 
Hey everyone. I bought a Pedersons shrimp last Saturday for my 2.5 gallon pico tank and he seemed fine when I added it and then disappeared completely (so today is the 3rd day I haven’t seen it). I have a sexy shrimp that’s been doing well so don’t think anything would have eaten it as it’s bigger than the sexy.

Is it normal for these guys to hide when first added? Or is there a good chance it died? My tank is super small so usually I can find things but there are a lot of tight spaces In the rock and I’ve told myself I’m done moving the rocks to find things!
Some of these ornamental shrimp can be extra shy.

I have a blue coral-banded shrimp that I rarely see. He surprises me now and again with an appearance just when I thought he had gone on to shrimp heaven.
Ok that’s good to hear! I’ll keep hoping he pops up in the next few days
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new