Pederson's anemone shrimp carrying eggs!

jolthoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to try to breed a few species of shrimp, these included, but was not expecting to get eggs so quickly (got these last week!). I will probably not be able to get set up in time before these hatch.

Just in case, is there anyone locally who has marine rotifers that I could use to start a culture?

IMG_3965.jpg

eVvoltura

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one from my LFS and really want to know more about them. Are they social like other anemone shrimp?

OP
OP
jolthoff

jolthoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure exactly what you mean by 'social'. They get along just fine with other conspecifics, but I don't observe them hanging out near each other as often as sexy shrimp.

eVvoltura

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure exactly what you mean by 'social'. They get along just fine with other conspecifics, but I don't observe them hanging out near each other as often as sexy shrimp.
Ok thanks!

decker6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to try to breed a few species of shrimp, these included, but was not expecting to get eggs so quickly (got these last week!). I will probably not be able to get set up in time before these hatch.

Just in case, is there anyone locally who has marine rotifers that I could use to start a culture?

IMG_3965.jpg
That’s awesome !

Back