Pellet feeding clownfish pair

Discussion in 'Aquarium Nutrition' started by swoons, Jun 13, 2018.

1. swoons

swoons Active Member

So I have been feeding my clownfish pellets the past couple of days with very little pinches of it. But my issue is most of the pellets are shooting past them and collecting on the bottom of my sand bed...

I am wondering what the solution of this is. Turning off powerhead? They are such tiny pellets

Tags:

2. glb

glb Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

You can turn off the pumps when you feed. Also, try floating pellets if they're collecting on the sand bed.

DSC reef and JoshH like this.
  3. swoons

swoons Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I float them but I think they are designed to sink after a certain time

DSC reef likes this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Look into TDO chroma boost small pellets by reef nutrition. There excellent quality and they float for some time.

Reef Nutrition likes this.
  5. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

Feed less at a time and presoak in a cup of water.

Draft saved Draft deleted