Pencil urchin problem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jonnywink
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jonnywink

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2023
Messages
156
Reaction score
98
Location
Martinsburg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a water change today, my daughter pointed out that my 2 year old pencil urchin was releasing a milky white substance from its back (top). I had heard that when they die, they can release a toxin into the tank. So I grabbed it and put in the bucket when I still had some water that was used in the WC. Later checking on it I found it was moving, so I put it back in my display only to see the milky white substance being released again. So now in my QT that happened to be empty. What is this and is it in the process of dying?
 
Oh wow! I never thought about that. Thank you very much. I’ll put it back in the display tank tomorrow. Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new