Peninsula 25 return chamber not getting enough water

obreefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
new zealand
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I recently bought a peninsula 25 from my local shop. It was fine until return pump which was included with the tank started to have problems as there was not enough water in the return pump area, this caused air bubbles and loud noises which I have been trying to solve. I don't think its because of I don't have enough water as the filter sock keeps floating up. Could someone please help me
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0761.mov
    3.7 MB
  • IMG_0760.mov
    875.9 KB
I can’t see the video although it sounds like not enough water in the system
 
Based on the video. Your water is ample but the pump is too strong. Use the flow adjuster on the return pump to slow it down. Its pumping water out of the return chamber faster than it can come back in.
 
Can do either of the above.

Unlikely the pump will outflow the overflow weir. I would just add more water unless the display level is quite high, in that case turn the flow down.
 
Its more then likely that either the pump is too strong, there isnt enough water in the system or something in the filter chamber is restricting flow to the pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new