Peninsula style vs glass backed standard tank

cmoore497

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always dreamed of a 180-200 gallon tank that was peninsula style so you could see the fish “floating” vs looking at the ugly black background of a standard tank. I know there are strategies to cover with with more rock or gsp but the floating look is so appealing. My issue is the location in my home that makes most sense would be more suitable for a standard tank Bc a wall is behind it. (my dining room) The only thing I know of are the tanks with glass backs where I could make sure there’s enough room to get behind it to magnet scrape.
Any thoughts on this? The tank stand also needs to be taller than my dining table so the tank is visible from our home entry. Tank Suggestions?

JustinMN18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my own opinion, I'd go with whatever you want. One thing I've noticed about peninsula tanks is that the flow can be a challenge because of where the overflow is. Some brands of "high end" aquariums sell blue back and clear back. The brand "glass cages" comes to mind. They're custom built and have great reviews.

I personally don't scrape the back of my Innovative Marine EXT 100. It has a bunch of coralline algae, so it kind of all just blends in. If you ever really had to get back there, you can use a long scraper to get behind rocks.

In terms of stands.... It's possible a company like glass cages can make a custom stand, but I'm not sure. Good luck! I bet whatever you pick will look great.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back