OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yeah, I'm probably overthinking it because I haven't done it before. Did you glue them in or just screwed them tight?

Ok. All I ever hear about is Ecotech, EcoTech, EcoTech so I was curious.

Just tightened by hand and a channel lock. Honestly, I think they’ve done a great job selecting the fittings (only questionable choice was the hose clamp for the return lines which are titanium and look like polished steel).

I thought ecotech was the right way to go as well, and they’re still great products, but their approach to connectivity and program-ability archaic compared to AI.

boogie79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just tightened by hand and a channel lock. Honestly, I think they’ve done a great job selecting the fittings (only questionable choice was the hose clamp for the return lines which are titanium and look like polished steel).

I thought ecotech was the right way to go as well, and they’re still great products, but their approach to connectivity and program-ability archaic compared to AI.
ahh ok. Getting more confident. Now I just have to figure out how to get the tank in the house. When I looked on the AlgaeBarn site, it said their delivery service only does garage or curbside. I don't have a garage and both entries to my place has steps.

Thank you so much for giving me the details.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked up a used Red Sea peninsula 500 and didn't know about the seam issues until it was in the house. It promptly went right back out of the house, haha.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ahh ok. Getting more confident. Now I just have to figure out how to get the tank in the house. When I looked on the AlgaeBarn site, it said their delivery service only does garage or curbside. I don't have a garage and both entries to my place has steps.

Thank you so much for giving me the details.

Yep, just about all tanks ordered online are drop-shipped, even Red Sea. An LFS may offer delivery and installation, but I think CADE’s only distributors in the states are AlgaeBarn and AquariumSpecialty.

If you’ve got 3-5 friends, a hand cart/platform and order some glass suction cups, should make short work of it. Hopefully, a minimal number of stairs involved!

DaveWrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 625 that has been running for the last 3 1/2 years and from my experience the tanks are just fine. It was the stand that was the issue. The new stands mitigate all the issues of the past stands. They doubled the number of locking screws and added an aluminum center and wooden side reinforcements. You can download the build manual and see for yourself. The stand needs to be built correctly. The stand needs to be leveled in both length and width and all the feet need to be touching the floor, so you have to go around the whole tank and make sure to lower/raise each foot where the tank will be in it's final position.

Now I did have one issue with my tank stand, about a year after my purchase the right side panel showed a buckle in the lower portion of the panel. I contacted Red Sea and sent in my receipt, detailed images that they requested and their first response was not covered due to not building the stand correctly. We'll after many emails back and forth I finally got Red Sea to accept responsibility and send me a new panel. It took three shipments of panels for me to finally get the right one. First I was sent the wrong version, second shipment was wrong color, third shipment was correct color and correct version. I drained the tank, replaced the panel and added some additional fasteners to ensure it doesn't occur again.

Would I buy another Red Sea, yes!

Footnote: I payed $2200 for the new tank from our local fish store. I see today they are twice that price online, check with your local fish store, they may be able to get it to you at a discount like mine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back