Pentair 25 watt flow rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter JRPYL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JRPYL

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2024
Messages
38
Reaction score
11
Location
Kent
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who's running a Pentiar 25 watt and what flow rate are you running for protozoa? I have found conflicting information. BRS says 79 to 131 gph but I found a thread where someone actually contacted Pentair and they said you can't run the 25 watt that slow due to overheating and or burning out the lamp and melting the housing. Minimum flow rate for the 40 watt is 7.6 lpm which comes out to 2 gpm. That's 180 gph which is higher than BRS and the first flow chart I found says. Minimum flow rate for the 25 watt is n/a
TIA

Screenshot_20250105_090804.jpg
Screenshot_20250104_235227.jpg
ft
Screenshot_20250104_233629.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new